2020 FLU VACCINES HAVE ARRIVED.
This year it is more important than ever to receive your flu vaccination given the current COVID-19 pandemic. The last thing we want to see is patients infected with both influenza and the coronavirus.
Private flu vaccines and our Government-funded flu vaccines have arrived at our practice. This means that we have stock for ALL patients.
The eligibility criteria for free influenza vaccines through the National Immunisation Program (NIP) in 2020 include:
• All people aged 6 months to younger than 5 years (this cohort is newly eligible in 2020);
• All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 6 months and older;
• Pregnant women (during any stage of pregnancy);
• All people aged 65 years and older; and
• People aged 6 months and older with medical conditions that increase the risk of influenza disease complications.
We encourage you to have your annual flu shot as the flu vaccine changes every year to keep up with the most common strains.
High rates of immunity in the population – so-called herd immunity – help stop the spread of the disease to the community.
I’ve got my flu shot, have you? Give us a call on 4861 3855 to make an appointment.