Women’s Health Clinic
At Walker Street General Practice, we take pride in a proactive approach to women’s health starting with our Womens Health Clinic initiative. Our team of female doctors have a varied collection of skills set and experiences including FPAA National certificate in reproductive and sexual health, Diploma of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (DRANZCOG), GP Shared Antenatal Care with the local district hospital, several years of hospital Obstetric and Gynaecology experiences, a dedicated well women’s nurse, contraceptive implantation and removal including insertion & removal of IUDs etc.
For women wanting to take the right steps in their care, we offer advice and management on a wide range of women’s health issues, including:
- Breast checks
- Cervical screening tests including ovarian cancer and cervical cancer screenings
- Pregnancy and family planning
- Menstrual issues including PMS, excessive bleeding & painful periods
- Endometriosis management
- Menopause management including osteoporosis & osteopenia
- Sexual health testing and STD information
- Contraception management including IUDs/mirena removal, implanon insertion & removal
- Urinary tract infections
- Weight management, dietary advice and nutritional information
- Chronic pain, pelvic floor and bladder health issues
The appointment is just $35 out-of-pocket; a small price to pay for the ultimate peace-of-mind.
Given our expertise and passion, our team of doctors have been featured in various media articles surrounding women’s health issues.