Vaccine Roll Out: Walker St General Practice is pleased to announce that we have been approved to be part of the phase 1b roll out starting in the week of 5 April and have been allocated 100 vaccines per fortnight.
We ask for your patience during this time as we plan the logistics in vaccinating everyone who is interested.
It is important to educate yourself about the vaccines. Below are some information from reputable sources.
- To check your eligibility, visit: https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility
- AstraZeneca Covid 19
- Govt Covid factsheet
- Covid vaccination, pregnancy & breast feeding
Note that you cannot have the covid vaccination within 2 weeks of your flu vaccination*
Preparing for your vaccination:
- Covid-19 Consent Form. Download here.
- Please read and sign our consent form prior to receiving your vaccination.
- We ask that you wear a short sleeve so your arm is ready to be vaccinated.
- Please bring your medicare card.
Getting your second vaccination:
The AstraZeneca vaccine is a two vaccination process and you will need the vaccines 12 weeks apart. At your first covid vaccine visit, you will be prompted to book the second dose.